Your rights (and responsibilities)
You are entitled to…
- A thorough examination of your mouth, teeth and gums.
- A full explanation of your treatment options.
- A written treatment plan (including costs).*
- Information about all charges displayed in the waiting room.
- Advice on how to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- Information about this practice and the services available.
- A care and treatment summary if you decide to transfer to another dentist.
- Make a complaint if you are not happy with your treatment and care.
You are responsible for…
- Giving at least 24 hours notice if you have to cancel or change an appointment. We will not charge you for missed appointments but if you miss more than two appointments we may no longer be able to offer you treatment.
- Following your dentist’s advice to prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
- Paying your bill promptly.
- Bringing proof of entitlement when claiming help with the cost of NHS treatment. If no proof is shown your eligibility will be checked.
- Treating our staff with courtesy and respect.**
* Please note – if your treatment is a ‘Band 1’ course of treatment or you do not have to pay NHS charges, you will have to ask your dentist to provide this.
** Please note – we may refuse to treat patients who are violent, fail to pay their bills or refuse to cooperate during treatment. In this case, we will inform the patient in writing and South Gloucestershire PCT.