Keeping your teeth healthy
Here’s how you and your children can have healthy teeth and keep trips to the dentist to a minimum:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
- Use floss or other inter-dental cleaners regularly
- Eat well – a healthy diet is essential for healthy teeth
- Not smoking and limiting your alcohol intake, is good for your whole body, including your teeth, gums and mouth.
- Help your child have healthy teeth for life by establishing a good dental health routine.
- Have regular check-ups with your dentist. Your dentist will decide how often you should have a check-up.
- Don’t put off going for a check-up at the dentist. Detecting problems early can mean they’re easier to treat. If problems are not treated, they may lead to damage that is harder, or even impossible, to repair.